Thirteen Stops

"Heya, love. I'm going to be a bit late. The seminar ran over and Dave,
Shelley and I had a quick drink after."

The cool push of air through the underground signalled the imminent arrival
of the 5:56.

"That's okay. I'll just add it to everything else."

"Else?" A shove from behind sent me stumbling towards the door. "Hang on a sec."

Securing a spot by the door – prime real estate for the peak-hour also-rans
who missed a seat – I swapped the phone to my right side and dropped my bag
at my feet.

I could make out the sound of pots clattering and the latest song obsession
in the background and in that moment all I wanted was to be there with him.
The alarm sounded its protest as the last person shoved their way in, doors snapping shut on the man's heels and we pulled away.

"Now. What was that?"

"Don't stress. I'll just add your tardiness to my list. I'm going to spank
you, you see?"

"Spa-" I looked around the crowded carriage and lowered my voice. "You
mind telling me why?"

His easy laugh came to my ear. "Because I want to."

Well, what can you say to that? I said not a lot for several long moments.

I felt the drag of the train as it slowed for the next stop and I braced
my feet wider apart to ride the movement. The carriage rearranged itself
as people poured out into the night and new, similarly harried sorts
filled their spots. A seat opened up in the grubby corner and I dove for
it, ignoring the glare from an equally keen fellow commuter. I hunched
my shoulder up and brought the phone closer to my mouth.

"You there?"

"What? What? Sorry, yes, I'm here."

My mind raced and I again heard that laugh of his, so discordant with
the clatter and shimmy of the train, one of the old ones, sadly
ill-equipped with air-conditioning, but fully stocked for gum-pocked seats
and stains of a thousand Friday nights.

"I'm going to draw you over between my knees and bare that naughty backside of yours."

My heart suddenly quickened its pace and delivered heat to my
face.
"And then I plan to spank you until you come undone."

I quickly scanned the peeling map overhead. Thirteen stops.

"It may take quite some time."

I tried to cross my legs as my feelings made themselves known, only to kick
the shins of the woman opposite.

"Sorry! Sorry!" I said, holding out a hand in hasty apology.

"You will be."

What?

"No, not you, I accidentally, the lady, I…"

That damned laugh again. "Something wrong, love? You sound rattled."

"Because you want to?" I croaked.

"Yes, because it pleases me to do so. I want to see you wriggle and clench
your bottom as I warm you up, and hear your huffs of breath as you try to
fight the truth of your position, stretched over my lap like the naughty
young one you are."

The woman opposite shot me a concerned look and I shut my gob and pulled my bag onto my lap.

"Tim?"

"Tim?"

"Mr Delaney?"

"You bastard!" I hissed.

Damn that laugh of his.

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment